The value of the WeddingWise directory is in its large collection of honest reviews and ratings from brides and grooms. We work hard to make sure the rights of both reviewers and vendors are looked after. Below is a very transparent description of our review policies and moderation process.
In order for a review to be approved, it must meet the following criteria:
- The review must be submitted from a valid WeddingWise account using the reviewer’s real name. (Note: prior to March 28th, 2014 a WeddingWise account was not required to submit reviews)
- The review must describe only first-hand experience with the vendor and represent the honest opinion of the reviewer.
- The review must be complete – all fields are required.
- Ratings must be entered for all four rating criteria.
- The review text must be thorough and provide adequate justification for the ratings.
- The review must be unique and only one review per member for each directory listing.
- The review should be from a wedding that occurred within the past few years. Reviews from very old events will not be published.
- Abuse, personal attacks, offensive content, and bad language are not allowed.
WeddingWise editors reserve the right to make small edits (not affecting the ratings or overall message of the review) to make reviews comply to these policies before they are approved and published.
Review approval process
All reviews submitted to WeddingWise must be approved by our editors before they are published. Reviews are usually approved within 24-48 hours.
If the review does not satisfy the criteria above, it will not be published. In this case, the reviewer may receive an email asking for additional information or with explanation as to why the review was rejected.
If a wedding vendor disputes the authenticity or accuracy of a review we follow the following verification process:
- The review in dispute is temporarily removed.
- WeddingWise contacts the reviewer via email asking them to verify the accuracy and honesty of their review. This may include asking for additional information or proof of wedding dates, contracts, receipts, etc.
- The reviewer has 7 days to respond to this request.
- If the reviewer provides a satisfactory response within 7 days, the disputed review is re-published. If the vendor chooses to write a response to this review, re-publishing will be delayed until the vendor's response is submitted (See vendor's response below)
- If the reviewer fails to respond or does not offer satisfactory verification, the review remains closed.
- If the reviewer has a change of opinion or settles a dispute outside of WeddingWise, the review may be edited or removed at the reviewer’s request only.
In circumstances where there is police or legal action relating to a disputed review, WeddingWise may remove that review until the case is sorted out.
If a disputed review is verified and the vendor still takes exception to it, we provide the vendor an opportunity to publish a vendor’s response – an opportunity to share their side of the story. This response should be no longer than the original review and will appear directly below the disputed review. Vendor responses can be published by WeddingWise editors only.
Change of ownership
If your business has recently changed ownership and you believe there are historical reviews that no longer reflect the state of your business since you took ownership, we may consider removing old reviews on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us to discuss your situation.
WeddingWise publishes reviews on good faith under the assumption that members submit accurate information and honest opinions. WeddingWise takes no responsibility for the content of these reviews, and all reviews represent only the opinions of the reviewer.